Monday, December 15, 2008

The turning point in my life

Deciding my job became a turning point in my life. I didn’t think about choosing my current job before that but unexpectedly chose to become a public officer.
Entering university, I chose history as a major although my parents dissuaded me not to choose history because they thought getting a job would be difficult after graduation. At that time, due to lack of sense of reality, I only thought my interest. I was dreaming to become a professor of history in university.
However, as soon as I entered university, I realized my vague dream was difficult to come true. I knew that I should study for a long time and have enough money to become a professor. Therefore, I adjusted my dream to become a history teacher. I studied subjects which are necessary to become a teacher.
After finishing military service, I again worried about my future. To become a teacher, I had to pass a test to be selected as a potential teacher. However, the government didn’t give the test in history subject for over 3 years. I thought that it could become a waste of precious time to prepare becoming a teacher. In addition, for my university life, I always in need and disliked concerning money. At that time, my girl friend who graduated from university was preparing public officer exam. She said that studying for one year was enough to pass the exam, so I decided to prepare a public officer exam. I wanted to go to university comfortably without worrying about money after passing exam. In fact, I didn’t think about being a public officer before that because I thought the job was very boring.
Anyway, after I passed the public officer test in the 4th year, I have already worked for 13 years. Although this job was not my first dream, I am satisfied with my job.

No comments: